Durapower unveils DP Flex lightweight battery module
- Provides significant energy density benefits from cutting-edge technology, lightweight design and vehicle chassis integration
- Has fast charging, flexible system deployment and is applicable in all weather conditions
Singapore, 17 May 2023 – Singaporean Lithium-ion battery manufacturer, Durapower Holdings Pte Ltd (“Durapower”) wishes to announce the launch of the new DP Flex battery module at the Future Mobility Asia 2023 event exhibition at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in Bangkok, Thailand, from 17 May 2023 to 19 May 2023.
The DP Flex is a relatively compact battery module with advanced, proprietary lithium battery technology which provides significant energy density advantages due to its light weight of 63 kilograms and integration with an electric vehicle chassis.
The DP Flex is the first of its kind by Durapower and provides several benefits such as:
- Cutting-edge technology maximises energy density and efficiency
- Lightweight design with no compromise on structural integrity
- Able to use the electric vehicle chassis as the battery pack enclosure, resulting in potential significant energy density benefits from the overall lighter weight
- Fast pantographic charging design allows vehicles to travel longer ranges with minimum battery load
- Flexible system design to meet various heavy-dutyapplication needs and/or load cycles
- Applicable in all weather conditions and seasons
- Second-life deployment capability reduces total cost of ownership
- Has attained UN ECE R100 (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Regulation No.100), UN38.3 (United Nations 38.3), International Electrotechnical Commission 62660-2, and International Electrotechnical Commission 62619 certifications
The flexible, modular design of the DP Flex enables it to be easily adapted for various applications, including using electric vehicle chassis as the battery pack enclosure, or installation into cabinets or containers for stationary energy storage system applications. DP Flex adds to Durapower’s existing product portfolio of battery solutions, and translates into compatibility with a wide range of commercial vehicles.
Mr Kelvin Lim, Chief Executive Officer of Durapower Group commented, “We are pleased to showcase our lightweight next generation commercial electric vehicle battery module that is also flexible enough to be conveniently installed for stationary battery energy storage system applications and second-life deployment. The high energy density DP Flex also highlights Durapower’s technical capability and innovation to push the boundaries of the energy storage industry to offer more efficient clean energy solutions to the world.”
 Installation in electric vehicles requires close collaboration with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to ensure proper module protection.
About Durapower Group
Headquartered in Singapore, Durapower offers closed-loop, end-to-end energy storage solutions for the electric mobility and renewable energy applications including on and off-road Electric, Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, electric marine vessel and stationary energy storage solutions. Since 2009, Durapower has been a leading innovator of Lithium-Ion cell technology, focusing on the research and development of battery materials, battery cell manufacturing and system integration. With a global presence spanning 23 countries and 48 cities, including European Countries, China, India and Southeast Asia. Durapower Group strives to make scalable, sustainable batteries that support the circular economy, empowering lives and transforming the future towards a carbon neutral economy.